ISSC 2015 Call For Paper
Food is now starting to enter the time of scarcity. According to FAO Interim report ‘World Agriculture: Towards 2030/2050’, there will be 8.871 billions of people on this planet, all wishing to have food sufficiency. Regarding to the food scarcity, sustainability becomes an important issue which is expected to be able to compensate the problem. To meet their own needs one needs to satisfy the primary needs of all players involved (i.e. nature, farmer, producer, retailer, consumer). The nature should not be influenced to some extent, as it would threaten production continuation. The farmer, producer, and retailer have to be able to make a living. Moreover, the consumer should be satisfied with the products.
We realize that researches have important role in coping with the aforementioned issues. Students and researchers worldwide can make contributions in the effort of achieving food sustainability through researches they carried out. This conference aims to gather ideas and findings to contribute in solving the issue.
ISSC (International Student Scientific Conference) is an annual scientific conference held by Indonesian Student Association in Wageningen since 2013. The conference is held with a certain topic corresponding to the rising issues internationally. Through this activity, we give opportunity for international students and researchers to present their researches in public. We would like them to capture more ideas and achieve a broader understanding of the problem context, methodologies and relevant results.
We welcome international students and researchers to capture more ideas and achieve a broader understanding of the problem, methodologies and relevant results. Furthermore, this conference would also bridge them to policy makers, where the conference outputs will be transformed into policy recommendations and will be submitted to the relevant parties that directly deal with those issues.
The International Student Scientific Conference raises the following topic: ”Improving Food and Agricultural Products to Accelerate Sustainable Future”.
The above topic will be classified into several subtopics as follows:
❖ Business, economics, management, and logistics – new business model and economical concept which introduces sustainable practices; embracing sustainable paradigm in corporate strategy
❖ Law, regulation and policy – what regulations are needed to support sustainable process and how to implement them in different condition.
❖Fundamental science and technological application – basic knowledge on science and technological development to improve food and agricultural products.
❖ Health and nutrition – in which way the products contribute to human health; improving nutritional properties of the products through sustainable approach.
❖ Social and environment – impact of the green products on sociological perception; influence of new technological process on environment.
❖ Communication and IT – IT development as a means of communication which improves diffusion of new green products in the market.
1. General instruction for author
- Article must be original, have not been published previously in any conferences and scientific publication,
- Article can be either a result of research or an systematic literature review,
- Article is written in English with standard scientific formatting,
- Title must be specific, informative, and clearly reflect the article content. The length of the title is 14 words max.
- Name of author(s) is written for references
- Name of institution(s) must be accompanied with full address and telephone number
- Corresponding author should provide an email address
- Abstract must be no more than 300 words in single paragraph and contain clear statement of the objective, methods, results, and conclusions.
- Keywords should be written in no more than 5 (five) words or phrase.
2. Abstract submission
Deadline: 20 July 2015
3. Full paper/poster submission
Deadline: 7 August 2015
Time and Venue
Day & Date : Saturday, 28th of November, 2015
Venue : Forum Building, Wageningen University
Droevendaalsesteeg 2, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Phone : +31-687-947-666 (Amanda)
Email : email@example.com
- Poster Download
- More about Wageningen University and Research Centre
- Transport and Accomodation
- Travel information from Schiphol airport